Business Development Assistant Kickstart Placement
Old Trafford, Manchester
National Living Wage
Hours of work
December 31, 2021
This is a great opportunity to learn and have the chance to demonstrate what you are capable of without being micromanaged. No day is the same, one day you will be working on developing services to deliver for people with drug and alcohol issues, and another creating services to be delivered for young people at risk of Gangs, County Lines and Knife crime, the variety is endless.
- The main purpose of the job is to provide business support to ensure effective planning, coordination and monitoring activities for the continuing growth and development of the company.
- The Business Support Assistant will take an integrated approach to the core functions of:
- Identification of published new business opportunities
- Co-ordination and preparation of routine and bespoke information requests
- Supporting new bid and tender processes
- Development of new content in unfamiliar sectors
- Production of information and marketing resources
- Maintaining positive and pro-active relationships with partner organisations
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage a range of activities and input to key tasks as directed by the Company Directors and Senior Community Development Manager.
- To monitor tender and grant opportunity portals to identify potential new business opportunities
- To support preparation and completion of new business documentation including EOI’s, RFI’s, SSQ’s, PQQ’s, ITT and bespoke proposals
- To track and monitor progress against specified timelines for all targeted tender and bid opportunities
- Build a pipeline of business opportunities
- Monitor and update Dynamic Purchasing Systems and Frameworks
- To maintain a library of relevant documents necessary for marketing functions.
- To ensure that routine and cyclical tasks are completed by assigned people
- To liaise with partner agencies and others in building and maintaining effective relationships that support business growth and the collation of contract, performance and outcome information.
- Conducting evaluations and collating data to demonstrate outcomes and customer satisfaction
- To promote and support the mission, vision and values of the company at all times, providing a quality service and treating all those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- To be aware of and be compliant with all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role as tasked by the Senior Community Development Manager.
- Intuitive Thinking Skills is an excellent place to start your career. We deliver a variety of unique training courses across public sectors including Criminal Justice, Mental Health, DWP & Jobcentre, Drugs and Alcohol, Domestic Abuse and Homelessness.
- Working in the Community Development Team you will be supported by the Senior Community Development Manager and Community Development Director to build on your existing skills to become proficient in networking, tender writing, building partnerships and sales.
- Impeccable English Literacy skills are a must!
- Excellent ICT skills – proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages.
- Willingness to learn
- Reliable with strong work ethic
- Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Supportive team player, willingness to get stuck in when times are busy
- Preferably university graduate – law degree, business degree OR business A-Level
- Creative writing skills
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency environment including the public, voluntary, private sector providers and commissioners.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including representatives of commissioners, purchasers, partner agencies and customers.
- Solid grounding in social media and its potential uses within the public sector
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of software packages such as Adobe Software, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word to interpret data and create presentations and/or reports of the highest standard.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- In addition to this excellent opportunity, you will also receive mentoring support from our specialist employability mentors. They will support you to develop excellent CV writing skills and discuss your goals and ultimate career ambitions, whatever they may be.
- You will receive weekly support via Zoom for the first 12 weeks of your placement, and you will have an additional 13 weeks access to your mentor should you need any other support once you have completed your 12 sessions.
- You will also receive intensive support from the Senior Community Development manager with the day to day aspects of your role.
- You will be provided with a laptop and mobile phone to enable you to fulfil your role.
- You will also have the opportunity to undertake Education and Training Level 3 course, Safeguarding Level 1, First Aid and Health and Safety as part of your induction.
- There is an opportunity for the placement to become a permanent role for the right applicant.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience – minimum National Living Wage
- Intuitive Thinking Skills are based in Old Trafford in Manchester, however the role will involve some remote working from home and travelling around where appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining what interested you about the role and why you think you’re a suitable candidate to email@example.com
Candidates will be invited to interview and to complete a work skills based assessment